A NEW BIKE FOR CLASSIC RIDES
We don’t see road bikes as delicate machines meant only for putting watts into and receiving speed from. They’re an extension of our soul, of the way we want to see our worlds, and the lives we want to live. Sometimes that means cutting across park grass, and sometimes it’s seeing where that dirt road off to the left leads you. The Caledonia-5 is a bike for the modern road rider.
The Caledonia is the bike we keep reaching for when we know the odometer’s going well past the triple-digit mark. Long rides invariably have some smooth tarmac, some junk pavement over backroads, a cutty singletrack connector, and maybe even your own local Strade Bianche sector. So we built a bike that could take on all of them, do it well, and fit fenders in case the ominous clouds turn into a downpour 130km into your day.
We developed the Caledonia-5 in collaboration with our World Tour riders to satisfy the need for a dedicated cobbles bike. Faster handling isn’t necessarily better—we engineered the handling based on the specific use-case. In this case, it’s Roubaix. Roubaix is harder on bikes than any other race on the calendar, and there’s zero margin for error. We increased the rear center, lowered the BB, and increased the trail. The handling is still fast, but we’ve added stability.
Modern road riders are looking for bikes to handle long-distance, high pace, no limits, and offer maximum fun. By placing lower modulus carbon in key areas to mitigate the brittleness of hi-mod fiber—the Caledonia delivers performance, comfort, and speed. Oh, and you can fit a 34mm tire in there. Or 31mm with fenders.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes:Accurate and powerful braking capacity to keep you in control in all weather conditions.
- Carbon Frame:Lightweight & durable.
- Shimano Ultegra Di2 12 speed:Reliable, with a wide range of gears for all-terrain – even the biggest of hills.
- Frame:Cervelo Caledonia-5, carbon
- Fork:Cervelo All-Carbon, Tapered Caledonia-5
- Number of Gears:24
- Gear Shifters:Shimano Ultegra Di2 8170, 12 spd
- Chainset:Shimano Ultegra 8100 52/36
- Rear Cassette:Shimano Ultegra CS-R8100, 12 spd, 11-34
- Chain:Shimano CN-M8100, 12 spd
- Front Derailleur:Shimano Ultegra Di2 8150
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano Ultegra Di2 8150, 12 spd
- Bottom Bracket:JY-BB 24
- Pedals:Not Supplied
- Wheelset:New Reserve 40/44mm DT370, 20h (F), 24h (R), 25.4mm IW (F), 25mm IW (R), Center-Lock, Tubeless Ready, Thru-Axles w/ Lever, 12x100/142
- Front Tyre:Vittoria Rubino Pro TLR G2.0 28c
- Rear Tyre:Vittoria Rubino Pro TLR G2.0 28c
- Brakes:Shimano Ultegra 8170 Hydraulic Disc, rotor: Shimano RT-MT800, 160mm
- Handlebars:Cervelo HB13 Carbon
- Handlebar Grips:Cervelo
- Headset:FSA IS2 1-1/4 x 1-1/2
- Stem:Cervelo ST32 alloy
- Saddle:Prologo Dimension TiRox
- Seatpost:Cervelo SP24 Carbon