The Zone 3 Aspire offers high levels of flexibility with its one-piece shoulder and chest panel gives it the feeling of a premium wetsuit at a mid-range price.
Optimal wetsuit for swimmers who want a wetsuit that combines good flexibility with high levels of buoyancy and a wetsuit that is designed to be taken off quickly.
- One of the highest-rated wetsuits of the last decade.
- Perfect for beginners all the way through to elites.
- Enhanced integrated one-piece shoulder and chest.
- Aerodome Buoyancy panels on the legs and hips.
- Improved laser-cut collar design.
- Made with 100% Yamamoto materials.
- SCS Nano coating.
- Comes with a free mesh storage bag.
If you would like to try on this wetsuit for sizing, please contact us and we can arrange a wetsuit fitting.
Men’s Zone3 Aspire Wetsuit:
220 Triathlon: Editor’s Choice and 10/10 Rating
220 Triathlon: Best Buy 2017
220 Triahlon: Best Value 2018
Triathlete Europe: 10/10 Rating
What makes this product different:
- One of the highest rated wetsuits of the last decade winning a wide range of industry awards. Perfect for beginners all the way through to elites.
- New integrated one-piece shoulder and chest panel design to increase flexibility and distance per stroke.
- New Aerodome Buoyancy panels on the legs and hips for up to 30% more buoyancy than standard neoprene.
- New Laser-Cut collar designed for a more comfortable ‘soft-seal’ fit around the neck
- Made with 100% Yamamoto materials to ensure a much lighter, more flexible suit for maximum comfort and performance.
- SCS Nano coating to significantly reduce the underwater coefficient of dynamic friction.
- Designed for a fast, smooth and natural feeling swim.
- Every suit comes with a free mesh bag for storage.
Year on year the Aspire wetsuit builds on its world renowned reputation. It continues to collect accolades from the Triathlon industry, having scored an impressive 10 out of 10 rating in both Triathlete Europe and 220 Magazine in its early years and more recently a 95% rating and the prestigious BEST BUY award. The Aspire is constantly given praise for its great fit, remarkable flexibility around the shoulders, carefully balanced buoyancy and rapid removal.
Further research and development has been conducted over the last two years which have resulted in an updated version of the Aspire being launched in 2019. The core features which have made the Aspire so popular are still integrated and new features have been added to improve performance and comfort further. These include:
- Improved Flexibility
A new integrated one-piece shoulder and chest panel design increases the total area of 1.5mm Yamamoto SCS material. This increases the 360o stretch across the torso, results in a better fit around the shoulders and chest and also increases the flexibility and distance achieved with each stroke. Therefore helping to conserve energy, swim faster and improve endurance.
- Improved Buoyancy
The Aspire has become more buoyant than ever before. Aerodome materials have been added on the leg side panels and hips to help support the core leg muscles further. This material is designed with air bubbles built between the fabric layers to make it lighter and more buoyant, producing up to 30% more buoyancy than conventional neoprene. This is combined with the existing 5mm thickness on the front of the legs and lower torso.
- Improved Comfort
A new laser cut collar is included in the new version which allows a tighter fit without any feeling of discomfort around the neck.
The Aspire is packed with other features to promote the fastest and most energy efficient swim possible. The key features include:
- Premium SCS #39 Yamamoto fabrics designed to ensure superb all-over body flexibility, comfort and performance. Zone3 work on new developments with Yamamoto as a chosen supplier because the neoprene offers fantastic performance features such as:
- Speed: The aqua dynamic 'SCS' Nano coating applied to the neoprene creates almost zero drag through the water. A drag coefficient of just 0.021 compared with 4.0 for regular neoprene wetsuits. The SCS coating also prevents the suit from absorbing water, therefore avoiding excess weight in the wetsuit.
- Flexibility: A massive 480-580% in elongation, compared with human skin (under arm) which is just 60-70%. Superior flexibility and comfort with an expansion of 7x conventional wetsuit materials.
- Buoyancy: Derived from limestone rather than oil which offers a 23% higher closed-cell structure. This significantly increasing the buoyancy levels for the swimmer.
- Warmth: High heat retention: Keeping the body warmer in colder waters to help reduce body fatigue and improve performance.
- Eco: The neoprene is also derived from limestone opposed to petroleum which is more environmentally friendly.
- Extensive research and development on panel design and fabric thickness ensures this is one of the most natural feeling wetsuits you’ll swim in.
- Maximum 5mm neoprene allowed under ITU regulations from the ribs down to the knees, giving plenty of buoyancy and core support to ensure the perfect swimming angle.
- A higher stretch 4mm chest panel aids in course sighting during the swim navigation, keeps up core body warmth and allows chest expansion during heavy breathing.
- Pro Speed CuffsTM on the arms and the legs for rapid removal after the swim to ensure the quickest transitions, saving you vital time on any course.
- Premium inner linings are used which further add to the comfort and flexibility of the suit.
- Downwards YKK zip to enable the suit to go on and off easily.
- A combination of our recognized red cuffs for improved visibility and the graphite side and arm panels gives the Aspire a distinguished and premium style.
The Aspire is the perfect suit for the beginner athlete, all the way to the pro athlete, and as such has been offering a fantastic swimming experience to all of those who have chosen this suit since its conception in 2008. As the reviews say, "Swimming in the Aspire is every bit as comfortable and energy efficient as swimming in suits costing twice as much.” If you have any doubts, ask anybody who has swam in the Aspire to help explain what makes this suit stand out from the rest.
*Yamamoto statistics sourced from www.yamamoto-bio.com