TYRO II Rim Brake
WHAT – 45mm deep tubeless ready rim brake carbon clincher wheel set.
WHO – Riders who wish a versatile mid-depth wheel set for road and gravel use at an exceptional value.
IDEAL FOR – Flats, hills, all-around road and gravel, racing, long rides, gran fondos.
WHAT’S INCLUDED – IN THE BOX
- Front and rear wheels
- Pre-installed 27mm tubeless rim tape
- Pre-installed 60mm tubeless valves
- FFWD quick release skewers
- Carbon specific brake pads
The TYRO II is FFWD’s next generation 45mm tubeless ready full carbon clincher wheel set designed specifically for rim brake bikes and ideal for road, gravel and cyclocross.
Designed to offer exceptional performance, quality and versatility at a great value the new TYRO II exceeds expectations.
The TYRO II features a 45mm deep tubeless ready hooked rim with 21mm internal and 29mm external widths designed for exceptional aerodynamics and optimized for 28mm tires. The TYRO II is compatible with standard clincher and tubeless tires from 23mm to 44mm.
The wheel set is built with the FFWD Two/One straight pull center-lock hubs featuring a 36 tooth rear ratchet system offering 10 degrees of engagement for quick and crisp shifting, Sapim round Sprint spokes and DT Swiss brass nipples.
Available in matte black and with Shimano 10-12spd/SRAM 10-11 speed, SRAM XDR or Campagnolo freehub options.
For an overview of the complete TYRO II rim brake specifications, download the datasheet here.
- 700c 45mm tubeless ready hooked full carbon clincher
- UV Protected Decals
- ETRTO: 21-622
- Spoke Count: 20H Front/24H Rear
- Lacing Pattern: Front: Radial, Rear: 2 Cross
- Hub Option: FFWD 36T Ratchet Straight Pull
- Hub Spacing: Front: 100mm, Rear: 130mm
- Components: Sapim Sprint, DT Pro Lock Brass Nipples
- Freehub: Shimano 10-12spd/SRAM 10-11spd, SRAM XDR 12spd or Campagnolo
- Color(s): Matte Black
- Weight: 1640 grams +/- 5% (set)
- Rim Width Outside: 29mm
- Rim Width Inside: 21mm
- Recommended Tire Width(s): 28mm (Min: 23mm, Max: 44mm)
- Maximum Tire Pressure: 120psi/8.3bar
- Maximum Recommended Rider Weight: 220lbs/100kg
- Accessories: Installed 27mm tubeless rim tape and valves, quick release skewers, carbon specific brake pads
Note: Use of 27mm tubeless rim tape is required regardless of standard or tubeless setup.
THREE YEAR WARRANTY