Fulcrum's Racing Quattro Wheels boast a 35mm deep-section clincher profile; this aero wheelset is both light at 1.73kg, which is lighter than many shallow section wheels, and cost-effective. An excellent training wheel for those seeking to make big gains this winter or a reliable and stable wheel for the club rider, these Racing Quattro LG Wheels will become a quick favourite for their consistent performance.
The Fulcrum Racing Quattro LG Road Wheels are made from an aluminium alloy and come with straight-pull aero spokes and anodised nipples. Offering everything from an aero profile to Fulcrum's bespoke Dynamic Balance and Plasma Electrolyte Oxidation Treatments technologies, this wheelset is a leading all-round road and triathlon wheelset.
Racing Quattro LG Wheelset: Stiff and Stable
The Racing Quattro LG represents the family’s aluminium offering. Despite an external rim width of 24mm, Fulcrum's engineers were able to produce a complete wheel with increased stiffness, reactivity, and greater stability whilst keeping the overall weight down. These Fulcrum Racing Quattro LG Road Wheels are the perfect aluminium option for long days in the saddle.
- Rim Material: Aluminium Alloy (rim); Stainless Steel (spokes)
- Width: 24.2mm
- ETRTO: 17C (Will fit tyres between 25mm and 50mm)
- Height: 35mm, RDB
- Braking Surface: Turned braking surface
- Spokes (Font/Rear): 16/21 (Two-to-One lacing pattern)
- Profile Tech: Aero, straight-pull
- Others: Plasma treatment on HG freewheel aluminium alloy axle
- Weight: 1.725kg
- Dynamic Balance: The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the exact opposite side. For top models, this is obtained by a special operation on the section of the rim opposite the rim joint.
- Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation Treatment: A process made thanks to electrical discharges that take advantage of heavy materials - free electrolytes. This process is an advanced oxidation process of light alloys of aluminium, magnesium and titanium. This special project was developed a few decades ago in the Russian laboratories to improve characteristics of the lightweight materials used in the field of space and military. The Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation process gives the alloy surface very special characteristics regarding hardness and wear resistance. This is possible thanks to a very fine and compact matrix of alpha and microcrystalline gamma alumina and amorphous alumina embedded on the surface.